Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when students enrol in the academy or a course within the academy, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our academy. Students may visit the academy anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain academy related activities.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is to fulfil our contractual obligation to offer the student online courses.
Your information is securely stored and will be held for a period of 7 years unless you request to remove your personal records.
How we use collected information
The academy may collect and use students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our students as a group use the services and resources provided in our academy.
- To send periodic emails
We may use student email addresses to send students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to student enquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent student personal identification information to others.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
Third party websites
Students may find advertising or other content in our academy that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our academy. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our students, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by contacting us.